In 2018, the seed of our vision was planted. We envisioned a community-grown farm that plays an active role in our local food system as we regenerate the land we cultivate.
The West Sac Urban Farm program offered us an opportunity to break ground so we crowdfunded for offerings from friends, family and community members to cover startup costs. This watered our vision seed as it started sprouting.
As our roots stretched out, we established connections with the community surrounding our urban site as well as local non-profits and markets. We adapted our crop plan to meet the needs of those we serve.
Carefully tending to the soil and seeds, we stewarded the land piece-by-piece to bring it back to life and expand our impact each season. Our vision came into fruition.
What We’re About
We Grow is not only our name, it’s the guiding principle of our work. As it takes a collective effort to produce food, we also grow a deeper connection to the land and the natural world in the process…
When spoken into existence,
- Food (as we help plants turn sunlight into nutrient dense fruits and vegetables)
- Farms (as we regenerate vacant lots into productive farms)
- Farm skills (as we learn and grow together)
- Mentally (as we gain new knowledge every day interacting with nature)
- Physically (as we cultivate, maintain and harvest the fruits of our labor)
- Spiritually (as we become connected to the elements that sustain our lives)
- Community (as food brings people together when we break bread)
We are a mission-driven farm committed to supplying high quality seasonal fruits and vegetables to the community surrounding our urban farm in addition to local markets and distribution programs. We also run a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program and summer farmstand every Friday.